It’s wonderful to read these words, and see how Tim and his vision continue to inspire people who never had the chance to meet him. Thanks, Yaseen.
A couple of months ago I was back in Sheffield and I attended a particular event that happens yearly, this was my third time attending it, last year I had also volunteered on the ticket stall. It was the 24 Hour Inspire event, aimed at raising money for charity.
24 Hour Inspire is a series of 48 half-hour lectures run back-to-back by different people (uni lecturers, researchers etc.), lectures/talks on all sorts of serious and funky topics, below are some examples:
- Rise of the machines: robots and fiction
- Balls of steel: hints and tips for good fertility
- Brain fizz: making your mind up
- The Blues of Physics
- It is getting hot in here: what should we do about climate change
- Giant microscopes: the big science of very small stuff
- Using History to Make Sense of the American Presidential Race
- Can the Bible Help us Solve the Migration Crisis?
View original post 2,628 more words